Dearborn, Michigan, with the largest Muslim population in America, has a hotly contested city council race in full swing.
One candidate, Rifaat Mike Hacham, is a Muslim American conservative who was inspired to get into politics by the president’s unlikely win. Another, Nada al-Hanooti, is a progressive Democrat who was so appalled by the state of things that she, too, decided to run. Will either make it past the primaries?
- Subscribe to Indie Lens Storycast on YouTube: http://bit.ly/StorycastSubscribe
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StorycastDocs
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StorycastDocs
Indie Lens Storycast is proudly produced by ITVS for PBS Digital Studios.
- Director, Camera Adithya Sambamurthy
- Producer Ben Rekhi
- Editor Michael Goodier
- Sound Recordists Jacob Varley David Fienup
- Music William Ryan Fritch
- Sound Mixer Nathan Ruyle
- Colorist Jason Knutzen
- Titles & Graphics Rigved Ghia
- Translation Ahmad Anka
- Series Producer, Indie Lens Storycast Pamela Torno
- Supervising Producer for ITVS Clare Chambers
- Consulting Producer for ITVS Shana Swanson and Karim Ahmad
- Production Coordinator for ITVS Susan Cohen
- Executive Producer for Independent Lens Lois Vossen
- Executive Producer for ITVS Sally Jo Fifer
The Hidden Vote is a co-production of Adithya Sambamurthy and Ben Rekhi and INDEPENDENT TELEVISION SERVICE (ITVS), with funding provided by the CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING (CPB).
Archive Footage courtesy of CSPAN Series producers, The Hidden Vote Ben Rekhi Adithya Sambamurthy
Special thanks The Hacham Family The al-Hanooti Family Osama Siblani City of Dearborn