by Robby Carr Wells
In the wake of the tragic events that have taken place in Aurora, Colorado and Newtown, Connecticut, it is time for every law abiding citizen to take action in order to secure the ones that we love.
Elected officials in Washington for both parties have used these tragedies to scream for greater gun control, which will take away from every law abiding citizen’s Second Amendment right. These elected officials have used these tragedies to jockey for position in their next election. Enough is enough, and we can solve this problem very quickly by using common sense.
That is why today, I am introducing my plan called “Vets for Kids.” For a minimal cost, every school in the nation can employ armed Veterans to secure our children from psychopathic criminals that target schools because they are considered “No Weapon Zones.”
This is a common sense solution that will give parents the peace of mind of knowing that their children are safe at school. This solution will also give thousands of unemployed Veterans the opportunity to once again provide for their families. Who better to protect our children than our Veterans who served to protect every American while they actively served? This program, “Vets for Kids,” should be adopted on the local and state level. Now is the time to secure our children, who are the future generation.
How might this work?
We do not want to add to the taxpayers’ burden. Say you put one Veteran in a school for every 400 kids. If a school has 1,200 kids, there would be three Veterans working there. If each parent paid 25 cents a day into this program, there would be $100 a day to pay each Veteran.
- The #1 goal of this bipartisan program is to protect our children. Children should never have to look over their shoulder and worry about their personal safety when they are in school.
- The #2 goal is to employ our nation’s Veterans who have already taken an oath to protect the citizens of the United States.
- By employing armed Veterans to guard our schools, we will help with the horrendous rate of unemployment amongst those who have sacrificed so much to serve our nation.
- As we have seen, gun-free zones only impact people who obey the law. Psychopathic killers are not affected.
- It is time for action! It is time to implement this common sense program on a state and local level all across these United States.
- Robby Wells is an independent candidate for president in 2016. The Robby Wells Restoration Nation is traveling around the country to discuss the Vets for Kids program and would love to come to your community!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR and VETS FOR KIDS: 2016 independent presidential candidate Robby Carr Wells is a Veteran, as are many of his volunteer campaign staffers. Veterans’ issues are at the forefront of our efforts. Our platform is focused on protecting Americans’ constitutional rights and restoring our republic.
We have started a program to place an armed Veteran in every American school in order to protect our children and assure them peace of mind in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting – while at the same time preserving our second amendment rights. This program is called “Vets for Kids” and is meant to be implemented on a local level.
We are also trying to draw attention to Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who was captured by Taliban forces in Afghanistan in June 2009 and remains a prisoner of war. Mr. Wells has pledged to take action to bring Bowe home as quickly as possible beginning with his first day in office.
Our campaign theme is “Rise Up.” Our website is: RobbyWells2016.com.
Our campaign team is growing all across the nation and is forming partnerships with many different groups and parties that are based on the Constitution and are fed up with the nonsense in Washington DC.
Washington Campaign Team